Walkaround Walkaround

You guys seem to be appreciative of what harmonics can do, whether it be with layering or melodic detail. I love how progressive it starts. Levels all seem proper. Nothing poking out or too harsh. Sounds like you know what you're doing with your hihats being so low. A lot of users on here have them WAY too high. Hell, if you guys ever wanted to do a 3 man collab I'd be all for it.

My Melody My Melody

You definitely understand uplifting/epic trance.

It's very bright, though. The low end is feels like it's lacking a tiny bit. Around 3:38 it sounded like it was going to clip. So overall you have no problem when it comes to creating the track, but the mixing could use some work.

Ditchy responds:

Yeah, totally agree - mixing can be pretty tough and I spend soooooo much time on it but still think Im a novice at it! lol

Cheers for the feedback.

The Inevitability The Inevitability

Try a demo of a compressor that has an "ALL" feature for the ratio. Specifically the CLA-76. WAVES has a nice version. Does wonders on drums.

Softube also has the awesome FET Compressor with parallel capabilities.

Back-From-Purgatory responds:

I'll take a look, thanks.

Aeon Aeon

Who inspired you, and what other artists have this sound, holy shit I found a new favorite.

Thrixe responds:

xKore did! This is heavily influenced by his track "Time's Up"

Fun w/ OnceProductions Fun w/ OnceProductions

It's really loud...

Almost too loud. Hurts my ears.

Gotye vs Dr. P Gotye vs Dr. P

I would recommend figuring out why it's on the left side and fixing everything. Also, the samples used are copyrighted and are not suitable for upload here, sorry.

house of the heartbeats house of the heartbeats

That kick needs more presence. In my opinion, it should stand out over everything, not as a "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME", but for more power. You definitely got the deadmau5 theme down. Everything sounds very mono, though.

medusabeatz responds:

thank you, i thought so too my self about the kick being a little too quiet, ill make sure i turn it up more on the next song thanks for the review :)

Relive Relive

More often than not, I find artist that are usually accustomed to rock/metal to make GREAT sounding techno tracks. In which case, it's what I found here. Very nice levels and everything.

Firefreezer responds:

Oh thanks so much! I honestly didn't expect that. :)

Drill Kill-Hardcore Drill Kill-Hardcore

I love how you even tried to give it that old school quality. Did you use any analog emulating effects? Overall you definitely captured the vibe.

drillkill87 responds:

Thanks for the nice review.The way I made it was by messing around with an amen breakbeat sample and using a stomping 909 kick underneath.For the rave stabs I used granular synthesis on a sample of a choir which I had made using an imitative synth.It was basically sampling instruments I didn't need to sample to get that oldschool sound.

/Happy Madness\ /Happy Madness\

2:28 IS REALLY LOUD

IN FACT, THE LEAD OVERALL IS WAY TOO LOUD. HOWEVER, THIS HAS POTENTIAL FOR A NICE EASYGOING TUNE. CAPS LOCK FOR SHOUTING IN MY HEAD.

Minotics responds:

Heheh. Thank you for listening. Honestly, when I was working on it the lead didn't sound loud at all. Thank you for bringing this up. Unfortunately I've lost the project file so I'm not able to fix it, but I'll keep it in mind.

Thank you!